Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend Challenged

Today marked the end of a very solid three days of training.

On Friday, I ran 28km in the morning, then headed to work.

On Saturday, I rode 150km including out along the Princess Highway to Bulli and then back through the Royal National Park. I did suffer a bit here as I failed to carry enough nutrition. As a result Oli was forced to take a few breaks at the side of the road as I made my way back to him.

At Sutho, I needed a coke, a mars bar and a gatorade to recharge myself. And still I was out like a light for a solid hour after returning home.

On Sunday, I backed up with another 110km ride, out to Waterfall and then back through the Park. While I lost the group heading down the hill, I kept with almost everyone on the way up and that was good for my mind.

I ended Sunday with a 12k run on my sked. I managed 9km in all .. 1km to the park, one 6k lap in 31:55 and then a 2k hill lap before simply running out of fuel. There was nothing left. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment