Sunday, August 14, 2011

Marathon training begins

I'm on a marathon program as of this week and I'm running more now than I have in some time.

Monday was a rest day

On Tuesday, about 6km on the treadmill

On Wednesday, 15km on watch for cougars

On Thursday, 17.2km on watch for cougars

On Friday .. ah rest

On Saturday .. ah rest (though I did swim 1.5-1.8k in Brohm Lake *I did miss an easy 8k'er)

And today .. 27km in 2.25 ish ..

65k or so for the week .. a huge week for me .. (Half of what Margreet ran)

I'll keep swimming and cycling til the weather changes too (which hopefully won't be for at least another solid month or two!)

But now the training focus will be on Victoria and running a marathon faster than I ever have .. setting up the stage for another high quality season in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment