Saturday, February 24, 2007

Malayasia - My Numbers

In the end, I was fourth out of 75 who finished the race in my age group. There were 107 listed pre-race in the 40-44 age group.

I went sub10:30, the fourth time in my seven Ironman races. I was more than an hour faster than a year earlier on a hillier bike course, but one in which my training had put me in great condition. I had the second-fastest bike split in my age group among those who finished. (Two others rode a few minutes faster than me but failed to finish the run.) And I had the fifth-fastest run split at 3:51.

My overall time this year would have won my age group in 2006.

Heading into the race I had set a very conservative target of 10:45. I believed that a sub10:30 would put me on the podium.

No comments:

Post a Comment