Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seven Days of Swimming

In the last few weeks, I've been in touch with three friends - two are coaches.

I've written a seven day program which involves swimming at least once seven consecutive days, starting on a Monday.

The idea was sparked by my continuing fascination with 'epic' training. But this pending swim week isn't about volume - it's about feel.

In the last year, having eased significantly on overall volume and crazy brick sessions, I've become more technically proficient at each sport.

Swimming is, of course, the hardest to master from a technical point. I feel like I'm swimming superbly and then I see someone in the lane beside me zooming past with what looks like far less effort.

That's OK. I don't need to be the fastest swimmer. I won't ever be the 'fastest' swimmer in a race but I am determined to become faster and swimming seven days in one week is my plan to bolster my feel in and of the water.

I'm not simply going to swim seven days next week. In fact, I've been building towards this for several weeks now. I don't want to injure myself.

I'm now swimming four times a week and I'll bump that up a bit over the next two weeks. And I'm continuing a three times a week push-up regimen found on onehundredpushups.

No comments:

Post a Comment