Saturday, January 8, 2011

Eat healthier

This post is a reminder to myself more than anyone else.

My diet has improved vastly this past decade as I've become more fit and made training almost every day part of who I am. I enjoy racing and am looking forward to racing later this year but far more importantly I enjoy being fit.

Training consistently is a critical part of being fit. And one need not train as I do. I embrace the challenge. It keeps me younger. It helps me cope with the various stresses of daily life.

What I eat is something that I increasingly focus on. I have been making incremental changes year to year. It's nothing too dramatic. I still am attracted to foods that aren't always the best.

So I read an interview with the author of The China Study in the New York Times today and I thought it was interesting and might be of interest to others. The author - T. Colin Campbell - has decades of expertise.

His advice: plant-based eating.

I think there is merit in what he has to say. It doesn't mean I will stop eating meat, but I do think there is value in his argument and it's another reminder to think before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment