Tuesday, April 1, 2008

10k Glory

It was one of the most relaxed races that I can recall doing. Popeye's 10k Run in Coquitlam. It was on Sunday and Margreet and I were among the first to arrive, as usual, at the race start.

We both did a double-take at the competitor list - all of about 15!

It wasn't so much a race as a chance to get in a good hit with a few other people on a new course on a sunny spring morning.

The course had more twists and turns than a good thriller. There was even a pedestrian overpass that we had to cross, adding a few stairs to climb.

I managed 40:44 - on target with the training that I'm doing at the moment. It also marked my first 10k victory. That said, I was third across the line; Margreet went 39:55 and won the event outright and a second woman athlete also finished ahead of me.

Next - 1/2 marathon on the Sunshine Coast on April 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment