Monday, April 21, 2008

Met the Pass

Within hours of arriving in Osoyoos we were cycling up Richter Pass. This pass starts at about 50km into the Ironman Canada bike course and according to IMC's description, the road is:



a long 11km climb with the summit at an elevation of 2295 feet. We did the climb at a steady pace on Friday and for a second time on Sunday. Of course there's a huge difference between a strength session and a race!



As the photo shows, the road surface is superb. And it's up and up and up. And the views are quite spectacular - with Spotted Lake on one side and the valley on the other side at various times.





3 comments:

  1. I found this bog through your facebook entry.

    Dlo you still keep the old blog uptodate.

    Cool pics.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say bog, I mean blog.
    Sometimes I get bogged down on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the camp going? The scenery looks spectacular. I am starting to miss cycling, particularly the hills. I always love climbing. Must see if I can squeeze in a spin this week.

    ReplyDelete