Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back

It's good to be cleared to train again and a good reminder to be taking my vitamins again. And I've started taking a new one this week - Centrum Protegra.

Why?

Well, I've taken Centrum vitamins for years at the suggestion of my dad, a pharmacist and a firm believer in the power of vitamins. He has taken a range of vitamins every day for as long as I can remember.

In the past decade I've taken a range of vitamins from the normal multi ones to magnesium ahead of races and extra vitamin E and now extra vitamin D.

I've an avid reader of health posts at the New York Times and Washington Post and elsewhere if I happen to surf upon a story. All the rage at the moment is the benefit of antioxidants. I'm no expert and as with all health issues there are a lot of opinions on what's good and how good.

I do think though that as an athlete I can be tough on my body and some vitamin supplement is a good thing - though simply eating healthy remains the most important decision that I can make day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment