Thursday, July 16, 2009

Peloton denied

This morning it was back to the Titans time trial course for a fourth effort, and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Dingo was going to sit on my wheel as he continues to recover from running into a tree branch at last week's race.

The course is on Squamish Valley Road starting about the 2km mark (there's a sign) and it runs down for almost 10km. Just before the 'bridge' you turnaround and head back to the start.

I was in good spirits and as often is the case looked to push myself.

For the first half, I rode 15.29 and clocked 15.48 on the return. I believe that's the narrowest gap so far.

As I struggled to keep my pace on the return, Dingo was 'encouraging' me with reports of a fast approaching peloton, in particular that Cavendish guy. And it helped spur me forward.

I had a bike revelation of sorts: lower the gear, speed the cadence and go faster. I was pushing gears up and down in part to refresh my legs, and it seemed to work.

The stats:

Today

time 31.18 .. avg speed 37.1 .. avg cad 90 .. distance 19.8km

July 3rd

32.37 .. avg sp 33.5 .. avg cad 79 .. dis 19.6km

June 11th

31.40 .. avg sp 33.7 .. avg cad 76 .. dis 19.5km

May 28th

31.44 .. avg sp 35.9 .. avg cad 79 .. dis 19.6km

Ah yes .. We were too fast for the peloton today. Stage win for me. A good way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment