Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vancouver Half Iron

Perfect conditions. Dry, clear and no rain for the previous two days. Much better than the forecast earlier in the week.

It was another 3.30am alarm.

But when you're keen to race, it's not too hard to get going. Though I almost fell asleep during the drive to the start line (I was a passenger).

It was a PB performance for the distance for me ... and until I do some background checking, I believe I knocked at least 20 minutes off my previous best half time.

I crossed the line in 4:42.01 for 1.9km, 91km and 20km. That put me in second place. A superb day.

The stats:

my swim 33.37 (several people post race suggested the course was long. hard to know. always hard to swim as directly as one does in a pool.)

T1 1.56 (decent distance from beach to bikes)

my bike (91k) .. 2:35:15 .. avg sp 35.2 .. an awesome ride .. felt great

T2 1.23 (and that includes going to the wrong rack for my shoes! still a few cobwebs to clear but getting better.)

my run 1.29.53 or 4.30 pace

I achieved everything that I wanted on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment