Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shortbread and trail runs

Christmas is always a challenging time of the year for me. The main reason is that I can't help myself. I grew up in a family that embraced Christmas. It was always a huge family event. The house decorated to the rafters.

This year I'll be spending Christmas with Margreet and Luka here in Squamish. A year ago I was in Toronto and Margreet back home .. and Luka was wandering around north of here enduring a tough start to life.

Our lights are finally set outside after a bit of back and forth to Canadian Tire to sort of the colours and the extension cords. And Margreet crafted a wreath for the front entrance.

So while the snow has melted here this past week and it actually is relatively mild outside today, there is still lots of Christmas spirit.

With that in mind, I devoured a 'small' box of shortbread cookies between last evening and midday today. So small that it is hardly worth mentioning. As I said, I couldn't help myself. I don't train all year for nothing.

To make up for it today, Luka and I hit the trails this afternoon and wow, we had a solid 45-60 minute run up and down, through some streams, navigating a bit of ice. A beautiful training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment