Thursday, December 17, 2009

Swimming like a fish

I was at the pool today and asked whether there was anyway to determine how many times I visited this past year. I have a swipe card and thought that there might be a continuing count of its use.

Well, there is and there isn't.

I was given a sheet with a list of all the times that I've swiped my card when the swipe system began at the end of April.

How could I resist? I run every other number I can find. It's part of being a triathlete.

So here's some of the raw data:

May - 10
June - 13
July - 6
August - 8

What's not captured here are the outdoor swims in July and August ahead of Ironman Canada. To be honest, I don't keep detailed training records, I just train. I should keep better records and I try to do that with some key sessions but for the most part, I don't want to think about it too much. That's something that I've learned with ironguides.

Back to my swimming though.

I took September off. The main reason was that the pool was closed for two weeks for maintenance. And the other reason was that my race season was over and I wanted/needed a break.

I returned to the pool in mid October and hit the water six times. In November, eight visits. And so far this month, seven.

If I can get to the pool at least twice a week, and preferably three to four times during winter, then I know I'll be set for the season ahead.

If only Luka could swim a few laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment