Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IMJ Coaching - Boulder camp

Last week I was in Boulder, Colorado for a training camp run by Teresa Rider and Scott Jones of IMJ Coaching. I plan to write a bit more about the camp in the next few days but wanted to start with:

Ten things I learned/relearned

  1. The importance of training with like-minded athletes.
  2. The parallels between triathlon and life are endless.
  3. Training at altitude is breath taking in more ways than one, though particularly in the pool.
  4. Hammer Sustained Energy and Recoverite. (I had never tried either.)
  5. Always eat for the ‘next’ training session.
  6. How to make home-made oatmeal and granola. So easy to do.
  7. An even better fitting bike would improve both my bike and my run. I want to be better, be faster.
  8. Front quadrant swimming.
  9. Being fit is critical to living well each and every day.
  10. Be open to new ideas. Absorb, adapt and look ahead.
http://www.imjcoaching.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment