Saturday, October 1, 2011

Margreet's first novel is available!


An excerpt:

“... it was dark and we were in the forest, again, hiding. We had run when we heard the soldiers were coming. Your mom was only a baby and I had to keep her safe. I had found an area with thick brush to cover us. We were quiet like mice. But your mom, she was scared. Of course, she was just a baby. And when she heard a branch breaking nearby, she cried. Just a little. And he found us. Underneath that brush. He didn't have good intentions. I know he didn't. And I had to protect her. To keep her safe, I had to stay alive. It was him or us.”

In the novel, Nadia is challenged by running a 100 kilometre ultra and as her mind wanders in the early darkness, she reminisces about her grandmother and the realization that there are many parallels between these two generations of strong willed women.

http://www.margreetdietz.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment