Monday, July 2, 2007

3.10 Marathon PB!!!

I ran a steady pace and knocked three minutes off my previous marathon best at the Gold Coast event on Sunday.

I crossed the line in 3:10:38 and my legs are reminding me today that running on the roads is not the friendliest activity for them.

It's good to have the confidence of having run that hard up my sleeve as I head into full Kona training mode.

During the next month, I plan to focus on cycling and swimming. Cycling isn't so much of an issue except for the fact that the weather has been so lousy here that I haven't been able to ride much outside for much of the last three weeks.

More importantly I need to hit the pool at least every second day and am considering joining a squad if I can find one that fits with my work sked. The 5.30am squad just isn't on. It's not getting up early - it's the downtime between the squad finishing and starting work at 10.30am.

So a few sked issues to sort out in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment