Saturday, July 28, 2007

Timetrial Saturday

Inspired by John Mergler, Dingo and I set out to timetrial ride and run in Centennial Park yesterday.

We rode 43km, then ran 6k, then rode 49km and ran another 6km. It was a good set and I was able to run more than 1 minute faster on the second run. I feel as if I've recovered now from the marathon.

Ideally, we should have done another 50k and 6k .. however, it didn't happen. I'll be looking to repeat this type of session when we hit the road on August 9th.

My objective these past few months has been to boost my fitness as much as I could before we start to travel. I realize that training these final two months ahead of Kona won't be the same. I will though have more of a chance to focus on my swimming through August. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment