Sunday, July 15, 2007

A long ride

With one pro, one potential future pro and one Tour de France staffer, we tackled our longest ride in months and months.

It was a cold but clear start to the day.

At the end, my speedometre read 185km .. I can't think of when I last ventured so far outside of a race .. and even in a race I would hope to have finished a few kms ahead of that point.

Better yet, we accomplished that distance in about 6:10 actual riding time for an average of just more than 30km/hr. And Ollie Whistler helped me drop the hammer twice during the session.

As good as the session was, the plan was to run 20km too. I couldn't.

My mistake: not drinking enough on the bike. By the time I got home I was a bit light headed and in very short order I went from standing up to simply lying on the couch. A rookie mistake.

But still 185km in the bank .. I'm very happy with my cycling is at the moment, especially given the wet and stormy winter we've had here so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment