Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Motivated

From Koach Kristian:

... people have a tendency to quit when something doesn't pan out how it was meant to, or some challenges seem insurmountable, but your biggest success may just be around the corner.

On a personal note, I came excruciatingly close 3 times before I got to Kona, and the first time I got there, I needed a roll down and I had just gone sub 9! In fact those close calls motivated me further, however last year in Kona, my race was nowhere near imagined ... I was in the best race shape of my life and I made nutritional mistakes. I was completely devastated, actually I think I cried when I saw Charlotte ... I pretty much had quit, but a new day dawned and I knew I wasn't done ... but I was surely tested in the 7 weeks between Kona and Ironman WA.

Many times I nearly pulled the pin, but I got to the start line with 3 clear objectives, my motivators. I wish I could say I felt fantastic all day, but I didn't - doubts would creep in but I focused on "what's important now" and not quitting rewarded me with my greatest Ironman success to date.

Remember you're motivated... just needs fuelling daily :-)

Cheers
Kristian

No comments:

Post a Comment